Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Today's "Interval Workout"

I had a interval workout scheduled for today on my rugby workout. However, it's raining where I am, so instead I decided to utilize my stationary bike that I have. All I would do is bike for about a minute on the bike's lowest setting, then turn it all the way to the bike's highest setting and bike hard for about 40 rotations. After I was done I'd switch it back to the lowest setting and get an active rest until I felt ready to go again (about 45 secs). I did this for 21 minutes and burned over 200 calories. Of course, nothing can beat a normal sprint workout, but if there's bad weather just do what you can. It's better than nothing! Try it for yourself, put your bike on a really low setting, bike for around a minute to get a warmup, then turn up that resistance to its highest or the highest setting you can manage to actually peddle with! Google sprinting and you will see that it is one of the best ways to burn fat, so try it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment